Monday, January 24, 2011

First weekend in Nantes and the beginning of classes!

I definitely enjoyed my first weekend in Nantes... until I was sick with a fever all day Sunday. The weekend started out well, about 9 of us from the program met up at commerce (the central tram/busway/meeting area) before dinner. We went and had pizza (which was absolutely delicious). Afterwards, we went out on the town for a little while, but public transportation ends early on Fridays so we didn't stay out for very long. On Saturday morning I woke up and was trying to figure out something to do for the day when my host sister, Hermine, asked me if I wanted to watch a movie and cook lunch with her so I did. I had a good time hanging out with her! We watched the movie in English but with French subtitles so we both understood it. Communication is still difficult between us but it is getting much better. For lunch, for just the two of us, we cooked potatoes and onions and steak hache. It was wonderful! After a late lunch I came upstairs and started getting ready for the night. We went to dinner again and after dinner we went to a creperie (I am officially obsessed with crepes). We then went out on the town again trying to get ourselves acquainted with the city of Nantes! Unfortunately I was sick all day Sunday and stayed in bed and didn't have a bite to eat. Turns out I had a high fever which I think that I picked up from one of my friends at IES who was sick all week last week. 

I am feeling a little better today which was good because it was our first day of class. My first class was at 12:30 today which was Traduction (translation). The professor talks really fast so it is hard to understand him (if you didn't know already, all of my classes are in French). But I think that once I get used to it, I will really like the course. My second course was International Marketing which was 6:00-7:25 tonight. I have never been a big fan of night classes but I really wanted to take marketing so hopefully it won't be too bad. The professor in this course was much easier to understand and I think I am going to enjoy it. 

Hopefully the rest of my classes go well this week! A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment