Friday, February 18, 2011

1 month later...

Another week has come and gone... and it's hard to believe that I have already been here for a month! I have enjoyed my time here more than I ever could have possibly imagined. Contrary to popular belief, most French people do not hate Americans...at least none that I have encountered anyway! They seem to be fascinated by us. My professors and host family are constantly asking about English words and seem so interested in American traditions!

However, while that stereotype may not be true, there are many very true French stereotypes. They are very fashionable. I have yet to see a French person wearing a t-shirt or sweatpants. They tend to wear dark colors and scarfs and their style is very classy. I definitely hope to bring some French style back to the states when I return home :). Another stereotype that is true is the DELICIOUS cuisine. I haven't had much food here that I haven't liked. But, the French are so skinny! This is because they walk EVERYWHERE and do not snack between meals. They eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and nothing else throughout the day. So different than in America!

Tomorrow, I am hoping to walk around centre ville with some friends. The weather is starting to be beautiful and what could possibly be more amazing than France in the springtime? Outdoor cafes, lots of shopping, and beautiful gardens. Coming here is no doubt the best and most exciting thing that I have ever done and I do not want to waste one minute!

Well, it's out to town for me to night, so until next time.... Au Revoir mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment