Friday, March 18, 2011

Joyeaux Vendredi!

I know it has been a while since I last posted- mid-terms have been keeping me busy! So I will try to update you on everything that has happened since. The other weekend there was a tasting market that only comes once a year to Nantes so a bunch of us from IES went. It was amazing- they were selling anything and everything and you could taste whatever you wanted!

Candied fruits at the tasting market- of course I had to buy some. They were absolutely delicious

Wine

Cheese

These past 2 weeks have been midterms, which take twice as long to study for than in America because, since they are in French, I first have to got through all of my notes and look up any words that I might not know in a dictionary. Which is tedious and takes hours. Then I have to start studying. But I am finally finished with my midterms! 

To celebrate the end of midterm we decided to experience saint patricks day in Nantes. I never would have guessed how big of a deal it is here! It was basically a huge party in the streets and you couldn't move. There were fireworks and they were throwing prizes off of the roof of an Irish pub (I caught a fan). Then we found a place that would put on the Wofford NCAA game and watched that for a while. Unfortunately we lost but they did a great job and played a great game!! 

Well that is it for now... we are going out for pasta tonight!! A Bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment