Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And the packing begins...

It's hard to believe that I have only about a week and a half left before leaving for Nantes, France for 4 months. I can already tell that this is going to be the most exciting/nerve-wracking/amazing/terrifying experience of my life. The past few days have been busy busy busy getting prepared for the trip. Last minute shopping trips, cleaning and packing, converting to Euros, and reading up on any information I can possibly find about the French has begun to consume my life. Some of the many many questions that are constantly running though my mind:

How am I supposed to pack for four months in one large and one small suitcase without exceeding the airline weight limit?
What if I don't make any friends and spend all semester alone?
What if I forget something that I can't find in Europe?
How am I going to communicate? (I have been studying French, but I don't know enough yet to speak fluently with native speakers)
What if I don't like my host family?

....And this is not even a fraction of the list.

While this is the most exciting event in my life thus far, it also scares me to death. I have always been kind of a home body and going to school only an hour away from where I live hasn't really changed that. Now I am faced with a 4 month long trip with no family or close friends around. All I can say is, pray for me.

A bientôt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment